Police Records Pitchess/Brady and Beyond
POST Plan III
This seminar is for all police employers (sworn/civilian) who are responsible for guaranteeing the integrity of police records. It is uniquely configured for personnel who directly handle or may be involved in requests from third parties seeking the release and disclosure of police records.
This compelling seminar/workshop is devoted to furnishing the participants with updated, reliable answers and proven methods for addressing issues associated with police records. The contents are:
- Explanation of new and different types of records that are created and maintained by a police agency.
- An in-depth and comprehensive coverage of laws and procedural rules that govern the release and retention of police records.
- New case laws concerning Pitchess motions and the often conflicting interplay with Brady discovery obligations.
- Inter-agency responses to a wide spectrum of records requests.
- Savvy case examples and relevant best-practice tips that show-case the myriad of issues surrounding records requests.
- Trends will be identified such as handling of social media.
- Sample policies and procedures will be distributed and discussed.
- Steps required to minimize police agency liability will be explained and emphasized.
JENNIFER K. McCAIN, J.D. |
$178 for seminars in Dana Point; $255 for all off-site courses.
POST Control No.